Flowers don’t last forever but these care tips will keep them looking their best:
- Clean your vase to remove any bacteria or fungi that might ruin your flowers.
- Cut the stems at a 45-degree angle. This creates a wide opening to the xylem (where the flowers drink up water) and keeps air bubbles to a minimum so they don’t block the water pathways.
- Keep away from fruit. Fruits produce ethylene, which tells a plant to ripen, and that will shorten the lifespan of your flowers.
- Place in a cool position. If you’re leaving the house for a day or two, you can put your flowers in a cool place. The cold reduces microbial growth and the metabolic rate of your flowers, extending their life!
- Keep away from direct sunlight, drafts and air-conditioning.
- Maintain adequate water levels and change the water completely every two days.
- If your flowers are in a container with foam, add fresh water every day.
Remember flowers can help bring a space to life, so if you’re a flower person like me don’t hesitate to buy again to keep your space feeling vibrant all year round!!!